Ride Hight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris TosteJr

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
After three weeks, finally got all my front end work done! Now the truck sits higher. My question is did i restore the original ride height, or did i end up getting a lift? The shocks were stock, so I know they were tired. I put in Rancho 5000's as well as new control arms for the front.

BEFORE

[Broken External Image]:

AFTER

[Broken External Image]:

Conventional shocks such as the Rancho RS5000 or new control arms shouldn't change the front ride height. Only way to adjust height in the front is by adjusting the torsion bolts.

If you are on stock 255/70-16 (30.1") tires for 4:10 gearing, ground to fender stock height should be approximately 34.5" front and 36.5" rear, plus or minus up to 1/2" side-to-side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and measured. I got 34" front and 35" rear. I was looking at some other members pics, it looks like its back to stock height. I wished i measured it before, as it is easily 3" higher than it used to be; at least in the front.

Thanks. This board has been very helpful over the last year or so.

:supercool: Your 2003 ST is close to stock ride height. The torsion bars and rear leaf springs weaken over time that contribute to a lower measurement.

Strangely enough, you will only find one specific "Vehicle Height/Maximum Height" measurement spec of 69.9 to 70.6"

in the owners manual measured from the floor to the roof. (Pages 205-06)

The only other factory spec uses the center of the bottom LCA bolts and lower ball joint stud tips as measurement points for ride height.

I am looking for a lift kit for a 2010 Sport Trac....there is limited info for any kits. Have seen a 2.5 inch front spacer and a 1.5 inch rear spacer for the top of the struts....has anyone used this type of lift and how does it ride? The one I found is the Truxxx 102010 model.

Latest posts