Right rear body mount problems?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Hilker

Reaction score
I was driving home from work and every time I went over a bump I kept hearing this clunking noise in the right rear of the cab. Thought maybe a leaf spring bushing. I crawled underneath and fount that the body mount has rusted and broken apart about 75% around the mount and is pushed up about 1/2 an inch. Has anyone else experienced this? I will try and get a pic to show. Its weird cause the truck is not rusted bad enough to warrent this.

UPDATE: I uploaded pics in my libary.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an issue with the 01 ST and there was a TSB repair procedure on it..... I believe there is also a repair kit that Ford sells....

Check with our Sponsor Torrie and see what Ford sells, or hope fully some on will chime in with more info...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd is correct.

There is a TSB specifically for this mount. I had it in my library until just yesterday, trying to clean up a bit.

Contact ford, they will provide the info for you as well as sell the repair kit.

Thanks guys. I went to work today and looked at Mitchell and found the TSB 01-22-5 and ordered the kit from Ford. Should hopefully be here friday. I will try and take some pics during install for everyone to check out.

Write a project for it and submit it...... Get a wrench next to your name !!!

Todd Z

I get a clunk sound also, on mine it seems to happen mostly when I'm turning into a driveway. So I was curious if you could share the part number for the repair?

I was under mine last night and I see nothing wrong with body mounts. About a year ago I installed the Explorer Express heavy duty rear swaybar. I did notice last night that the right rear shock absorber (OEM) has a dent where it may be bumping against the swaybar if I get a lot of motion going back there, such as when I hear the clunk turning left through a gutter or driveway. Has anyone else had a problem like this - where the thicker swaybar contacts the shock absorber?