Rim Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would depend on what size, width, tires, and a number of other things... What'd you have in mind? I don't think that putting on rims would make it any less safe to drive, unless you get rims not rated for the weight, and have one break in a pothole or something.

Only if you go with a lower profile tire, or a LT tire over a P rated tire or the rims stick out using spacers or different offsets....

Todd Z

Yea, I didn't know if the ride would be bouncy or if that's only if you lower w/ springs. I was just looking for something other than the OEM wheels. I want the tires to still be able to pull something when necessary.

If the new rims are the same size as the current, there will little to no difference. There may be a slight difference in acceleration and stopping, if they are lighter, but you may not notice.

The rull generally is the less sidewall of the tire (ie. the larger diameter the rim) the more bouncy and harsh the ride will be. I did not notice any harsher of a ride with my 20's though. In fact, the ride improved greatly with the new tires.

I kept 16" wheels and got tires 1 size up. I see no difference in the handling at all, other than an improvement in wet handling since I got rid of the Goodyears.. See profile and library for details.

Latest posts