Rocket Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My truck is a rocket now so far I’ve added a K&N million mile air filter a Cherry Bomb M80 Muffler with the resonators removed and a Zabtech Performance Throttle body im planning on adding a chip upgrading the brakes and few more odds and ends before I’m done but let’s be honest projects with cars are never done lol

I have the 4.6 not the 4.0 if you doubt me come to Florida I will take you for a ride I was getting on the mid point bridge heading back home to fort myers I gave it some gas to get onto the bridge I looked down at my speedo and I was doing 95mph off a 35 mph rolling start

One of the best decisions I made was to replace the brakes with ceramic pads. Oh my what a difference and no more god damn brake dust. Lord almighty ceramic should be standard on all vehicles. Never again will I have a vehicle without them.

The best brakes I ever had on the front of my '04, are. Performance friction. You cant over heat them. Yes some dust. I would rather know I have the stopping power, on OEM rotors. The PF's do not chew the rotors, like ceramics.
I can give you a ride of continuous rapid stopping, and show you no fade. When hot they bite the best.
I will always use them. BTW original OEM rotors, no wear or warp. Second set of PF's. 50K miles on first set.

The best brakes I ever had on the front of my '04, are. Performance friction. You cant over heat them. Yes some dust. I would rather know I have the stopping power, on OEM rotors. The PF's do not chew the rotors, like ceramics.
I can give you a ride of continuous rapid stopping, and show you no fade. When hot they bite the best.
I will always use them. BTW original OEM rotors, no wear or warp. Second set of PF's. 50K miles on first set.
My Factory brakes were just like that. I paid $1k to Barber Ford Ventura, Ca. Worst dust I've ever experienced, lasted 40k. Pure garbage.II got had by that dealer.
Temperatures here are staying in the high 40's so its getting close to time to replace all that cheap brake junk the Ventura Dealer installed.
I'll post picures, soon. I'm going ceramic all the way around. Slotted disks and all new parking brake shoes and hardware.
Happily I got everything for under $225.00 online over a month, some hear some there.
Just can't wait to dig in, the old pads are about to become metal on metal, working on it in the 20's and 30's just wasn't appealing. And I wasnt going to reuse any on those junk parts anyways.
It will be so nice not to have all that red dusting all over my rims and scrubbing it off weekly.

Last edited:
I only run Raybestos R300 rotors and akibono ceramic pads... Stops on a dime, little dust. ALSO flush your brake fluid and replace every few years, and use Valvoline brake fluid... Stuff is amazing !!

Latest posts