Roof Rack Cross Bars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

nunn

Reaction score
2008 Sport Trac XLT with roof bars, but no cross bars. I want to carry a canoe or kayak with one end on the roof rack and the other on a receiver hitch rack. I need cross bars for the roof rack. Where to get them? Best brand to buy? Thanks!

Doug Kaye

1st gen V6 4x2
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the high dollar side, Yakima Timberline will be excellent but expect to pay $400-600.. TimberLine System – Yakima

I'm a cheap bastard and have ebay generics for $40, five years on them now and many canoe miles, so far so good.
Once had a problem in high crosswinds that the bar was slipping inside its mounts as the winds blew the canoes sideways, had to stop a couple of times to readjust.
Looks like the price has doubled in those five years, they're $100 now,
Roof Rack Cross Bars Luggage Carrier Chrome For Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2001-20 | eBay

Chiefroy

Reaction score
2008 Sport Trac XLT with roof bars, but no cross bars. I want to carry a canoe or kayak with one end on the roof rack and the other on a receiver hitch rack. I need cross bars for the roof rack. Where to get them? Best brand to buy? Thanks!
I have two that I got new , I took them because of wind noise. I will let you have them for $ 100. Plus shipping

Latest posts