rough idle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric huskey 2

Reaction score
My truck has had a rough idle since I bought. I put new plugs and wires on it (twice). Had the fuel injection cleaned. Seems to be getting worse as the miles go by.

Clean the MAF sensor, IAC, and (if you want) do the SeaFoam treatment. You can also check the infamous "cracked elbow" but that usually gives you a code. If none of that helps, you may have a vaccuum leak somewhere.;)

I'll 2nd the Sea Foam suggestion. I just recently bought a 1994 Honda Accord w/225K miles and it idled okay but a little rough. I replaced, plugs, wires, etc. and finaly did the Sea Foam treatment. After driving it for a day or 2 after the treatment it now idles like it's new. Go to the project ssction and do a search for "Sea". It's the best intake cleaning that $7 will buy.

Hey Tom, I have a 2001 Job one, that is the same, and is a hard start when its cold, I'm getting ready to do a tune up, but I think it might be something more as well. I looked for the famous elbow but couldn't find it. any suggestions?