ROUSH Super Charger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Im hunting for a supercharger! I see on the Roush page that they state the following:

"

The ROUSHchargerTM is the only supercharger unit on the market protected by Ford's 3 year / 36,000 mile factory drivetrain warranty, or one year on ROUSH components for vehicles already past their warranty date.

"

Would this thing not void your factory warranty?? I find that hard to beleive, but I thought i'd ask ;)

Its not supposed to.

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.FastPartsNetwork.com

http://www.UnleashedTuning.com

Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator

Your warranty will be intact If:You buy the Blower from Roush, or a Ford Dealer (pricy for what it Is)

You have it dealer installed which intails sending Your PCM to Roush for them to re-program.

The new tune and pully upgrade will get you 445 Crank H.P.on the 3 valve,Not bad But:

The M90 blower is not a very good Blower, the Roush Tune to offer the warranty is extreamly conservative, you will be pig rich with an A/F of 10.

Ck Out the Saleen Huffers,I believe you can also maintain your warranty with theres.

I was always under the impression, if it is not a factory or dealer certified option. If not installed by the dealer or Ford, no warranty on drive train. At this point there is not a SC Trac offered. I would be careful.

The Whipple / ROUSH SC will not work on our trucks without Major mods to the firewall! The Engine bay for our trucks is shorter than on a Mustang!!! The Saleen SC will not work because it is too long in front tna the TB will be right over teh fan!

Talk to VMPTuning....they had a guy try it and was not prepared for all the owrk it took to complete. That was oveer 6mo and he still does not have it running!!!!

The only other option would be a paxton SC or Kenne bell....That is just what I have come across. Not exactly sure that will work either!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
was not a GT, Roush stage 1 or two stang with the SC as an option, is always a dealer addon, and covered under warranty.

If your 3 valve V8, you have the same identicle engine I have in my stage 3 stang

And in the camshafts. And intake manifold. And throttle body. And a couple other places.

I wasn't necessarily going to go with the Roushcharger. I just seen that it was warranty approved and thought that was odd...

I'm still researching and probably will wait for some other guinea pigs to do this before I attempt it.

I hope they come up with a good performance tune for the ST... I really feel that the power should be more than what it is. Then I can hold off on supercharging for a while.

The sport Trac intake is designed for more torque then power, where the mustang is designed for more power then torque...

Unless you find a way to remove the upper intake you may not get close to the HP of a mustang motor..

Todd Z

XST: Change to a K&N Intake and swap out the Muffler!!! You will get a noticeable difference in teh performance! It will be enough FOR NOW, till a good tune comes out with the transmission properties changed!

Xst

Time to keep up with Doug lololo you guys are doing a great job with the Sport trac ... they look hot bot of them

Cheers i would like to come to calgary one day and go for a rip....