Rubber bushing between body and frame.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a 2005 V6 with 50k miles and discovered the rubber bushings between the body and frame were disintegrating. Which is a very expensive repair. I now have a 2007 V8 that gets the same gas mileage and Ford must have improved the bushing material. The only negative is that it doesn't have a power rear window. I did have a transmission problem where it would sick sometimes in the limp mode. It took the Ford dealer 2 weeks to figure it out and replace TCM for $1500.

Aloha Richard, I have a 2002, the bushings looked to be some kind of foam! I don't think they were rubber. A fellow over here replaced them for $300. All is well except that the C pillar was too thin. I took another and cut it in half and added it to the C pillar bushing so now it is fine. Too big a job for me, $300 is money well spent.

Aloha Richard, I have a 2002, the bushings looked to be some kind of foam! I don't think they were rubber. A fellow over here replaced them for $300. All is well except that the C pillar was too thin. I took another and cut it in half and added it to the C pillar bushing so now it is fine. Too big a job for me, $300 is money well spent.
Yes, I have an 04 and I needed to replace the B and C group bushings because they were made of the same cheap foam rubber as well. The A and D group bushings were like brand new still. I saw a YouTube video for changing the bushings but I foretold myself that I would be spewing too many swear words while doing this chore so I had a shop mechanic do it instead. He told me that my truck was the first sport trac he did this on and he watched the same YouTube video as I watched!! He did an outstanding job.

Gen 1 bushings were CRAP !! almost everyone will have to replace them....but prothane and daystar make poly kits, not expensive at all.

Gen 1 bushings were CRAP !! almost everyone will have to replace them....but prothane and daystar make poly kits, not expensive at all.
Yes, I got Prothane bushings, inexpensive like you said, and they work great. Sitting higher up than before and NO MORE squeaking!

Latest posts