• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted rubber seal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkb53

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
On the factory hard tonneau cover there is a rubber seal that covers the hinge in the middle of the cover that shows on the outside of the cover. Mine is drying out and starting to crack. I tried looking for a new one and cant find anyone that has a new one and cant figure out what to use to replace it. Anyone know where to get one or what to use to replace it?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you, I need one or something else that works for mine!

OLE442

Hope someone out there has a solution for this problem. I can't believe we are the only 2 with this problem. I guess it's wait and see time......

Same problem on my 2009 STA and no luck finding one. I read on another site that an owner used a 26" bicycle inner tube trimmed to fit. He then sprays it periodically with a rubber preservative to maintain it.

I am thinking of doing same or the flexible rubber from the bottom of a garage door. Just have to wait until Spring to do it.

So I don’t know if any of this helps at all, it will cost what it cost, my dealer got hold of the original manufacturer and ( they know what it is worth) and found one.

Attachments

• A8F10AB9-35F9-4EDF-9172-3A05FA76B0AF.jpeg
    A8F10AB9-35F9-4EDF-9172-3A05FA76B0AF.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 6172D94A-4816-4651-97B8-CBFBBCBB16F3.jpeg
    6172D94A-4816-4651-97B8-CBFBBCBB16F3.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 94
Did it come with a reference part number that we could ask for if we contacted the company in Portland??

They are a diamond in the rough.... Some use bicycle tire tubes, some use tape, others use "Tailgate dust seal" and if your lucky to find one..... EARLY 01 is different then the rest too.... Gen 2 is different then gen 1.... There is a ford part number just have to find it on the one i have here. ALSO they will run $150 or more now.

some other info/possible options

Attachments

• 6A993B71-13B5-40D9-A90B-723E25EFABBC.png
    6A993B71-13B5-40D9-A90B-723E25EFABBC.png
    415.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 060235F4-5E5F-4C05-AA69-9901C6CC62A8.png
    060235F4-5E5F-4C05-AA69-9901C6CC62A8.png
    320.9 KB · Views: 80
Hi Todd
If by chance you have a part number, that would be great. Also, any chance you are willing to sell me the one you have? If so, just let me know.
Thanks
Randy

Did it come with a reference part number that we could ask for if we contacted the company in Portland??
Hi Todd
If by chance you have a part number, that would be great. Also, any chance you are willing to sell me the one you have? If so, just let me know.
Thanks
Randy
It’s a 2010 part gen 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 85
Todd
I own an 08 limited so I guess it's the same part number, isn't it? If you want to sell it, just let me know how much for a long time old friend like me.
Randy
Ps. Nice collection of Sthil power equipment you have there. I'm jealous.

Todd
I own an 08 limited so I guess it's the same part number, isn't it? If you want to sell it, just let me know how much for a long time old friend like me.
Randy

All Gen 2 are the same part number. Not my post. Not my tools. I have the one I need to keep for my blue truck.

Todd
Randy
More candy little girl?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 82
Thought I would throw this out here: I discovered Eternabond Roof Seal tape when fixing a roof on my RVa bunch of years ago. This stuff is awesome and I've used it for many different uses and I suspect it might work well here. I've used to repair the hinge on my hot tub which sees way more chemicals and use than my tonneau cover would. With a clean surface, this stuff doesn't come off, seals well and has stood the test of time. Also available in black. Once you have a roll of it you will find lots of other uses for it.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=eternabond+black&crid=17XNBOHWPEJ0Z&sprefix=eternabond+black,aps,124

Sorry about that Todd. Tried to give you credit for something you don't even have.

Mr. Sta
You are my new best friend. That is a really impressive collection of the good old orange and white. I was in the power equipment business for many years and sold and serviced a huge amount of Sthil equipment. It was the only brand I carried and is still the best out there.

So, any chance you want to sell that seal old friend?
Thanks

Sorry about that Todd. Tried to give you credit for something you don't even have.
Really ???? Materialistic items don't make the junk bigger.....

As long as you understand what you just replied with, that's all that matters. I for one don't have a clue about what you are referring to. Thanks for replying anyway.

Today I bought this very flexible steel garage door weather seal that looks very flexible and is easy to trim. Under $10 for a 9 foot length and approximate thickness of original piece. Shiny side will be outside and am looking forward to doing this project in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 20220309_124737.jpg
    20220309_124737.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220309_124641.jpg
    20220309_124641.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts