• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted rubber seal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job!!! How did you get it so smooth looking? Looks oem.

I cut the spout on the flex seal tube for a very small bead and followed through with my finger to smooth it out. That flex seal paste is great. 16558542596497686522237718924839.jpg

Glad this could help. I believe they have tried inner tubes and I was considering this. Not sure how long they last.

However, the garage door seal is thicker than an inner tube and is almost identical to OEM part thickness. I flexed sealed sprayed my original piece after removal and after 5 coats top and bottom it looks like an option too. Aesthticlly it is not as good to OEM look. 20220527_183429.jpg

On the factory hard tonneau cover there is a rubber seal that covers the hinge in the middle of the cover that shows on the outside of the cover. Mine is drying out and starting to crack. I tried looking for a new one and cant find anyone that has a new one and cant figure out what to use to replace it. Anyone know where to get one or what to use to replace it?

Thanks
I had the same problem and tried different types of rubber, EDPM,silicone rubber, and neoprene. The only product that worked for me is 1/16" smooth finish (both sides) Santoprene. I took the original seal out and carefully cut a new seal. I used and arch punch to punch the holes for the screws. A little tricky to cut accurately but I used heavy weights to hold the original down on the new material while I cut it with a utility knife. The other trick is getting it installed correctly. You need to make sure the new gasket lines up with the edge of the hinge, if you don't it will be either too tight or too loose. The material comes 36" wide so you will have some extra if it doesn't fit the first time. It isn't cheap but it is the only rubber I have found that doesn't start cracking in a couple of months and it is rated for outdoor use and. direct sun exposure. I bought this through Rubber Cal in California, 1-714-772-3000 or 1-844-Rubber-4.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Glad this could help. I believe they have tried inner tubes and I was considering this. Not sure how long they last.

However, the garage door seal is thicker than an inner tube and is almost identical to OEM part thickness. I flexed sealed sprayed my original piece after removal and after 5 coats top and bottom it looks like an option too. Aesthticlly it is not as good to OEM look. View attachment 3447
Thants for the idea. Ordered the garage seal from Menards and installed today with your suggestion of flex seal black paste. Looks great!!

Latest posts