Sale Price

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Garret

Reaction score
I'm going to sell my ST but i'm not sure what to sell it for. I would like to sell is via private party since I would get more for the truck.

2001 Ford Sport Trac 4x2 Black color, new floor mats, starter, battery, tires, rotors, brakes

Truck is in good condition, the clearcoat is coming off the hood, but other than that, the truck is in good shape. It has 82k miles on it.

What should I post it on autotrader for ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent $8,045

Good $7,415 (Selected)

Fair $6,610

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=207743871&dealer_id=627678&car_year=2001&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=used&num_records=&make=FORD&distance=25&model=SPORTTRAC&address=30076&certified=&advanced=&max_price=&bkms=1156953311732&min_price=&end_year=2001&start_year=2001&lang=en&cardist=20

My truck is identical to that except with 80k miles and not 110k and that is listed for $10,395.

$13,900 Highest price

$8,998 Lowest price

$11,362 Average price

just for 2001 withint 25 miles of my zip code.

If you're going to sell it yourself, you may want to see how much having a body shop fix the hood would be.

It's obviously not a major mechanical problem, but it's going to kill the perceived value of your truck in the eyes of those who come to test drive it.

Same theory as dropping $300 worth of new plants in front of your house before you sell it. It adds to the "ooh, they took good care of the place" factor.

I sold mine using the pricing on edmunds.com. It is never what you think it should be. You always think that it is worth more than it actually is. Mine sold in about 3 weeks using Autotrader online. I alst an ad in the paper that ran for 30 days, but only got one call from there. I got contacts about every other day from the AutoTrader online. Actually sold it to someone who lived about 100 miles away from me.

I was thinking about the same thing with the hood, maybe i should just take care of it myself, already have a quote of about $500.

Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail

National Base Price $8,423 $9,927 $11,367

thats from edmunds, seems more reasonable.

I thought about listing it for $11k and taking obo over $10k for it. I owe right at $11k on it now.