SAS is in process

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Well my garage is filling up with parts for my SAS. Just need to decide on my locker and decide on my steering setup..:cool::banana:

Here are some pics of the freshly painted new parts.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they will be up for sale soon hopefully. Just waiting for the weather to finally break and stay in the 50-60's for good then I will start.

SWEET !!!!:cool::cool:

Keep me in line for that Ft diff if you are selling separately,,,,,

Todd Z

Also last night was a very good night with the accountant. Seems my little stint with unemployment helped us out quite a bit, as our income dropped enough to get the stimulus money on our taxes. And I did some contracting work so I got a 1099 and then alot of deductions as a small business owner:cool::cool:

This will help pay for the incredibly expensive front locker:banana:

Also Jerry my tires are shot, well 2 of them are decent but the others are trash, or could be a spare only. This is part of the reason for doing the SAS. While it is my fault because I let an upper control arm/ball joint go bad for a long time, and it destroyed my tire.

What axle are you using and what is it from?

Are you adding anymore lift height in the process of doing this?

What springs are you using?

good project should be awesome

It is a Dana 44 from an 89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. I am going to keep it spring under so as not to get much lift. I will likely use a 2" lifted leaf spring from Rusty's Offroad, and by the time I fab the new front cross member for the front leaf spring mounts, and make the rear mounts with shackles I will end up with about 5-6" of lift. Pretty much where I am now, but I will a bullet proof front end, when compared to the stock IFS setup.

When I get another vehicle I will likely then do spring over the axle conversion front and rear, and then remove the body lift to lower the center of gravity, and run 36 or 37" tires. to help pull all the jeepers out when they get stuck..:D

Sounds like lots of fun. Before doing all the planning, had you thought of doing 4-link bars front/rear instead of leafs? Like 4-link with either coil overs or airbags?