Saw an ST in a local Ford Commercial

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
Local dealership, Bobby Jones Ford, had a commercial on TV this afternoon and it actually showed an '07 ST in motion. Advertisement did catch my attention offering a LIFETIME drivetrain warranty on any new Ford bought at that dealer. Specifically mentioned engine and tranny. VERY nice incentive for getting people to buy from them.

Given the recent history of the STs, that guarantee may get a few people to buy who would otherwise not consider one. The 1st Gen had tranny issues and it seems the '07s are geting a reputation of bad V-8 engines.

The only Ford commercials I ever see on T.V. out here in SoCal are those generic local dealership types. I maybe saw a Trac in one of these, all for 3 seconds (kinda like a subliminal flash). I don't watch a lot of T.V. but I still see quite a bit of Hummer, Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan ones. Is this a SoCal trend? What's it like in other states?

The lifetime warranty they are offering is good for ANY new vehicle bought from them, not just the ST. I'm sure that the service will have to be performed at that particular dealer. I mentioned the commercial because that is the first time I have seen any sort of Ford commercial with the ST in it.

For a LIFETIME DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY, I would have considered buying from them if I had not already purchased mine. Keeping the same purchase price and everything, it would have been worth the drive back to Texas, except for the fact that you have to get warranty work done at that particular dealership.

Can you imagine if Ford came out with a 6 month nationwide promotion like this? That would give Ford an opportunity to prove where they stand on Quality.:D

I've seen one commercial lately that actually talks about the Sport Trac and it's versatility. Looks like a FOMOCO generated commercial as the local dealer's commercials are much more...simple.

Talked to the service rep and he said they implemented the lifetime plan last week. Basically applies to all '07 and future Fords bought new. Customer has to keep Ford maintenance service schedule for vehicle to be covered. It does not have to be at this dealer but at a Ford dealer or authorized service center. Seems like a bold move to me.

The lifetime warranty does sound like a win-win for Ford dealerships. But what if you prefer to do your own oil changes, or don't come in for the 36K just so they can check the airfilter and tire pressure and charge you $$$? VOID?

Latest posts