Saying a fond farewell to my Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob McDonald

Reaction score
Well, after 16 years and over 228K miles, I bid a sad farewell to my '02 Trac last night.

She had served me very well over the years and lasted far longer than any other vehicle I ever owned. It was depressing to watch it drive away.

I will still lurk here on this site as it has been my de-facto home page for many years and I like to keep up with what is going on with all the members.

No plans for a replacement for now. I will use my brides old car for my daily driver ('13 Impala) as she recently got herself a new Sonata. If Ford finally brings back the Ranger for the U.S., I will take a look and if it is not acceptable, I may end up with a Colorado if I still think I need a truck. I sure don't need something as big as an F-150 and IF I do need to use something that big, I will just borrow my daughter's new Tundra (She just bought a new Tundra Platinum).

My old Trac has gone to the grandson of an acquaintance. I even threw in the canvas deck chairs Ford gave to us early owners. They were still like brand new as I only used them a couple of times. He is a high schooler who is getting his first car from his grandpa. I wish I would have had such a nice grandpa to buy my first car for me.

Bob,

I really like the looks of the new 2wd, 4dr, Tacoma sport.

The only body mod it needs, IMO is a nicer grill.

Might be my next choice if Ford dont move on a midsize. Like you I dont need a full size.

When I first seen my '04 Trac. Being a Ford guy it was perfect and still is contempary style to me...

Good luck and hang around. We have all learned many things from each other, besides our Tracs...:driving:

Bob, you've been very helpful over the years, and hope you continue.

Thanks, best wishes, and Happy Holidays! :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
To EddieS'04.

I also like the looks of the Tacoma. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit me. I am a big and tall guy and the seat doesn't go back far enough to feel comfortable in.

Ford better hit a home run when they bring out a midsize truck or they might lose me. My personal ride for the last 25+ years has been a Ford. The Trac for the last 16 and a '92 T'bird that was its predecessor. The family ride, on the other hand has been GM until the bride's new Sonata ('98 Grand Prix and the '13 Impala). We are not particularly brand obsessive. We just buy what we like the looks of and that fit our needs at the time. Over the years we even had an early Dodge Caravan.

I just sold my 02 as well. Loved it, but it had rust and paint issues. I also wanted a 4WD.

It needed tires, etc....so about $2-3K to get it up to snuff. Not worth the money, IMO.

I picked up a 2016 Nissan Frontier SV crewcab.

It is Certified Pre-Owned; came with 100,000 mile powertrain warranty - better than whats offered with new vehicles. Still has 2 years bumper to bumper, too.

I like the Colorado's, but they're still too much for me...I wanted to keep the price below $25K

Pic:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/bkxyf03po2zzz2b/image1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the looks of the new Hnda Ridgeline much more than the previous model. I talked to a guy who had a 4x4. Said he paid around $30k and was getting around 30mpg. Good looking truck.

Latest posts