Scared Stiff - Stiffer Shocks That Is...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 02's oem front brakes were shot by before I had 28K. I have heard they are improved on newer models but still makes me mad they were ever installed in the first place. Given the ST's reputation for rollover and poor handling, you would think improving the sway bar would be something Ford would consider.

UPDATE: Just ordered Rancho RSXs for the front and back (PNs RSX17018 and RSX17021) from Pep Boys. $14 each installed. Shocks themselves cost about $76 each. I didn' really haggle or shop around. Just want to get this done.

Will let you know how it goes once installed.

Yeah, I am seeing now that that price is high. I might want to order them myself and then pay someone to have them installed. Checking on that option now. Could probably save around $100 total. TruckAddOns.com has them still for $206 for a set of 4.

Already called PepBoys back told them to cancel the order. They will honor the installation price...$70.96 total (13.99 ea, + 15.00 misc shop supplies).

UPDATE: Placed the order at TruckAddOns.com....$218 for the 4 shocks, delivered.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Different PepBoys have different prices. Someone else here quoted PepBoys in Tx only charged them $53 total (or something close to that). I suspect not all charge the Misc Shop Fee, and different regions have different book prices to cover the different labor costs.

TJR

It's also "what the market will bear". A mechanic making $53 for the shop is better than a mechanic sitting on his hands waiting for the next clueless person to walk in.

Latest posts