Screamin Demon Coil & Wires Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Cloutier

Reaction score
I got the coil pack and wires from the group buy installed yesterday. I pulled the passenger side wheel liner to get at the two rear plugs, but other than that, the install went smoothly. Good thing I got them installed before winter hits, judging by the state of the old wires.:eek:

[Broken External Image]:

Cool....

I allways wondered why they routed them so tight against the engine...

My stock wires went south at 20K.....

Thanks for the business....

Todd Z

Getting these wires out is a major pita. Why couldn't ford have made the ST wider, so that the engine components could be spaced out so we could get a hand in, and to improve handling and carrying capacity? Questions which need answers--my 92 lesabre is wider than my 02 st.

I thought about taking out the wheel covers and jacking up my ride, but my jack stands are all in use to hold up my aforementioned lesabre :(

Turning the wheels doesn't really work as you can't start the engine, unless you do 3 new wires with 3 old wires for a second...wait, that doesn't sound like a bad thing...especially with guys on here saying their cars still ran after being force-fed 90% alcohol as fuel to pass emissions (how exactly does that help you pass? They don't have a test to see if you're bs-ing them with this method?)

My wires are some rather sad looking motorcraft things that were in when I got my ride from CarMax...don't know if they're stock, but I do know that they need to go in. The fact that you guys got yours in without having to lift your car or rip out components is refreshing...that #1 spark plug couldn't be more obstructed. A project for tuesday.

especially with guys on here saying their cars still ran after being force-fed 90% alcohol as fuel to pass emissions

Alcohol burns cleaner than gasoline does. So, if alcohol burns 90% cleaner than gasoline (for example) and I run 70% alcohol, the alcohol I am buring is burning 90% cleaner of that 70% of gasoline I am not burning.

Does that make sense?

Tom

They don't have a test to see if you're bs-ing them with this method?

In my area, they just sniff your tailpipe. They really don't care if it is BS or not. If it burns clean, you get your report and you are done.

Tom

$14.00, try $19.50. Right now, the cost is waived. The state is using tobacco settlement funds to pay for it.

Tom

You could live in PA, where the test is dictated by the county in which you live. The vast majority of counties have no testing required, while the ones with the highest population do. But, PA's exempt population exceeds its tested population. Go figure.

I have noticed a definite improvement after installing the wires & coil pack, although I'm sure some of that is due to the fact that the original wires were damaged.