Screamin Demon Coil

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I received the used coil from Paul. And I installed over the weekend, my question is why is the firing order different for the demon coil? And I have Taylor 8.2 wires being delivered Tuesday, what plugs are best with this upgraded setup? And different gaps with the Demon coil? Also I honly had to cut a little bit of stock tape, and it plugged in without needing to wire a newplug on it.

Chad

Chad,

That particular coil requires a different firing order....

The NEW S/D coils don't need the firing order change....

Thats the reason...

No need to change the Plug gap, I left mine alone....

Run motorcraft Or Autolite plugs only, Don't waste your money on any thing else..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad,

The firing order on the old Screamin' Demon coil is different because it was originally for a Ranger. The Ranger firing order is different but as long as you use the new firing order everything will be the same. The coils we sell now are a direct replacement for the Sport Trac coil so they don't need a new firing order.

I went with Autolite plugs at Todd's recommendation and they are excellent. You can gap the plugs larger with the coil but you don't have to. I kept mine at the Ford recommended space.

George

Edit: LOL, looks like Todd beat me to it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they beat me to it....But like George and Todd said the coil I sent you is actually for the Ranger and Mustang and there firing order is different. Hopefully the diagram I sent along with the coil helped you out and thanks again Chad.

Paul H