SCT tune and check engine light????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem....? Each time I take my '07 V8 SportTrac to the dealer for something I un-install the SCT tune just to be sure I don't have warranty challenges. My problem is that EACH time I un-install I get a check engine light and the yellow wrench symbol in the Message Center. Once I could clear it with the battery disconnect. None of the times were there any codes indicated on the SCT. The last few times I could not clear the check engine light or the wrench no matter what I did. The last time I took it to the dealer for the latest TSB the check engine light was on. When I got it back I hesitated re-installing the SCT tune but I did it anyway. Now I have a new problem....the check engine light does not come on BUT the yellow wrench symbol is on and I have to clear it after each start with the dash "reset" button. I have not tried to un-install yet for fear I will trigger a check engine light! Can anyone tell me what is going on?????

Steve

I would say, get in touch with your tuner. He may have missed something. The '07 ST being new there maybe codes that are specific to the PCM that havent been decoded yet...

I believe there was an issue with the 07 ST where flashing it turned on the lights...

you have to drive it for 3 days or so for the lights to reset...

There may be tune changes out now, But I do not know..

Contact Either Torrie or Doug for help..

Todd Z