SCT Xcal III

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
I am very close to ordering one, Torrie and the SCT website answered most of my questions. Is there any reason this would a poor return on the investiment. Saving gas is not my primary motivation. Running at optimal performance on 87 octine is.

The second part is there knowledge out there that another device that does the same and maybe more, close to being on the market?

thanks for recommendations or advice

If you are talking about the live wire. It is going to cost 3 times or more than the Xcall3.

i ordered the Xcal 3 and i absolutely love it, i would recomend it to anybody! i ran it at 87 octane for a while and wanted to see what it could really do on the 91 octane settings, so i filled er' up with premium and gave it hell, and i have been spending the extra 5 dollars a fill up ever since, it is 100% worth it. BUY IT!

Get it! You won't be disappointed. Do a search, you won't find one complaint.

Been running a tweaked premium performance tune from Torrie and I love it....more HP, torque, improved shift quality/shift points, much improved fuel mileage. Got 423 miles in on my last tank before the low fuel light tripped.

Russ, I have an '07 but it's the 4.6 v8. I have the XcalIII and on 87 performance there is a lot of difference and on the hiway driving 70 constant I get 23.7mpg. I don't know if it will be the same for the v6 but I would imagine they would be about the same. I also have the K&N intake and the Zaptek oversized TB and dual flowmaster 50's.

Best of luck to you

Jim