SCT XCalibrator 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith wallace01ST

Reaction score
I have 2001 sport trac 4.0 V6

I found a SCT X Calibrator 2 up here in Edmonton Alberta Canada the programmer will cost me $450 is that a good price??

The dealer does not know any one that can program the unit can I buy or get the programming files and have them email to me or the dealer and then upload them to the programmer. Do I need to get the strategies of my sport trac

By doing all this am I going to see enough of a up grade to make it worth it???

That is not a good price. You can get an XCal2 from a site sponsor for about $400 with the tune files already loaded. If you buy the programmer separate, you will still have to pay for the tunes.

I used Mr. Torrie at Unleashedtuning.com. I think Fast Parts Network is the sponser you can reach him at. He is very fast & helpful. Plus, his tunes are great!

Ditto on site sponsered X-Cal2, they know the ST's capabilities and will give you the best tunes for it.

I'd keep the dealer out, they could make an issue of aftermarket programming if they hook up to your OBD II port to diagnose any problems and discover the parameters have been changed, you can very, very easily flash back to stock prior to going into the dealer.

D-

sorry Deryck

this was not a ford dealer

i meant sct dealer

they are a diesel mod shop they only deal in diesel engines this is why he could not program it

i dont think i will use him ii want to find it already tuned...

they use sct xcal type unit these to program diesel engines

Yeah, kinda thought you may have been referring to SCT dealer, wasn't sure;)

Dollar for dollar the xcal has been the best mod I've made, huge difference between stock and flash tuned. Used xcals don't last long on here when their posted for sale:lol:

D-

i want to get new one for sure i see there are a bunch of sportrac guys up here... i want to do this i just need to find the best place and see if i can get a good price and if i can arange a bulk buy up here it might be easier to save on shipping...

or if i can find a used one that would be cool...

i have been looking around and listening to the guys on this site and it is cool and looks like a great plan there is alott great advice....

i also want to do a bulk buy on a bush grill ,tube type tail light covers and rear bumper step as well up here...,

The dealers are still killing people on pricing know you see the canadian dollar is finaly worth some thing it is a time to buy... but i am hering the spring bookings may make it cheaper who knows

thanks

I am happy with my tunes from Bama chips also a site sponsor. I have 07 v8 with the standard 3.55 rear end very suggish till I retuned it.

Much more fun to drive now!