SeaFoam treatment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
I just did a treatment of SeaFoam to my ST. Pretty easy to do and did seem to help smooth out my idle and pick-up. I submitted a project write-up to Rich, so anyone that wants to do it, can.;)

I know Jeff. But you see, there are people here who don't know anything about mechanics and may be scared away from doing something as "trivial" as this may seem to you and me. Thus the reason for the "project" section on this site. I post simple stuff like this to save people money that they could do themselves, instead of having to pay countless dollors to have someone else do. Sorry it wasn't some "awsome mod" that you can do to the ST. Just trying to help people out is all. Thanks for the remark. I appriciate it.;)

Well what exactly did you do? We sell Seafoam at work, and about all you do is pour it in the gas tank when you buy gas...sorry if it came off as rude.

All,

The project the Stonemiser is going to have posted is WELL worth it. I had a guy at NAPA show it to me about 2 yrs ago. Made the Trac run very well. If you do the IAC, clean the throttle body, and this project you should have one smooth idleing and running machine.

I think it is a great idea to let everyone know of all "projects" no matter have easy or difficult they may seem.

Thanks Shawn!

Jeff, sorry man, didn't mean to be harsh. I put it through the brake boost vacuum line. This way it cleans the intake, intake valves, and upper end of the cylinder. By just putting it in the gas (which is what I did with the rest of the bottle) it only gets the fuel delivery system. It smokes like hell for awhile this way.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it does smoke. Mechanic at my summer job put it in the tractors once a month. I didn't even know it could go through the vacuum lines, I just know it's over in the "fuel additives" section at work, where every product just goes in the fuel tank. I had assumed that you just took pics of yourself adding it into the fuel tank, then adding gas, and calling it a project (there are projects easier than that) so I was just being sarcastic. You know what happens when you make an assumption; you make an ass out of U and Umption...:lol:

Yep, that's me, Umpton.:D

Yeah, for the intake cleaning, it goes through the Vacuum. (brake booster or PVC) I worked with it when I worked on lawnmowers. Great stuff. Would clean the inside of the motor after about 5 min. running. If the mtotor would run, we'd put it in the gas and oil and let it run. If it was a stuck valve, it would fix it. Cheap fix for the shop, just not the costumer. Glad i don't have to do that anymore. Going to put some in my lawnmower this weekend and stow it for the winter. Works great as a stabilizer also.;)

Shawn, When you put it in the mower do you just dump a little in the gas tank, let it run a few minutes and then shut it down for the winter or what?

Robert aka Trac N Tennessee

Rob, yeah. Do it just like you would if you used Sta-Bil. Just put it in the gas and run it for about 5 min. That way you know it's in the carb and will keep it from gumming up. I also do the same thing for my 2-cycle snowblower for the summer. Hit the start button the next winter, and starts right up.;)

Latest posts