seat belt buzzer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
With hunting season almost here that means long slow rides on back roads and I do not want to listen to the seat belt alarm the whole time. I have done a search and tried a couple of the reccomended procedures and it has not worked. I have a 2004 XLT premium should the described procedures work with every ST. I was hoping to just be able to push the "button" to make it stop whenever I want but that definately does not work. I have tried doing it as soon as I start before the buzzer sounds and several times once it has started and it does not stop. I also tried the method that involves latching and unlatching the belt however many times (I dont have those instructions in front of me at the moment) and that has not worked. Did I just do it wrong or does it not always work. Yes I know there are several post on this already and I'm probably being a pain in the a** but maybe someone will be kind enough to respond.

Maybe it has something to do with the ST being in "Drive". I used to sit in the ST at lunch for about an hour and would always get the chime, but pressing the button always worked for me. I would press it and it would not come back on. I wonder is you could pull a fuse or a relay to disable it???

If you have your original owner's manual, the proceedure to turn off the buzzer is in there. If you don't, check the thread I have linked below. Best to read through the proceedure a few times to make sure you have the flow of it down, because you have to do things fairly quickly to get it to work. That said, I managed to do it on the first try.

I should add that it'll always chime when you first get in and start it up, but it'll stop after a moment, and won't incessantly chime at you once you disable it.

Buckle the belt before you get in it and drive the slow speeds offroad with it connectind while you are sitting on the belt.

Follow that?

Tom

If you look behind your driver's seat in the rear passenger area there is a wire connection running from the belt to underneath the floor. Its a simple clip that once disengaged will disable the seatbelt reminder.

In my 02 I did what Sean said, I don't need a reminder to wear my seat belt. I always do unless I'm moving in a parking lot or something so please don't give the wear your seat belt speech :)

The only problem with unclipping the wire is that it messes with your airbags.

It says in the manual that it messes with them. I think that it has something to do with how they deploy in regards to weather or not you are wearing your seat belt. If you have it unplugged it can't detect what state they are in. This has been brought up before a few years ago. Maybe you can find more info in the archives.