Seat cushion is dead

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
Well, after 15 years and 385,000 miles under my 260 lbs, the driver's side seat cushion in my Sport Trac is dead. It's been talking to me the past couple of weeks, but sitting in heavy traffic for two hours this morning really brought it home. Anyone know of a source for new seat padding?

David, I think someone posted one time. You can swap the passenger cushion with the driver. Not the whole lowwer.

Correct, ALL are discontinued, I bought mine the day I got my truck and was able to re build the whole seat like new.

Upholstery shop or as said, the Foam is the same, so just switch them if you want.

Hi gang;
I'm in the process of switching front seat bottoms & THEY ARE NOT THE SAME, the outside foam edge on both bottoms is quite a bit wider than the inside edge. I built that inner edge up[ I hope I don't have any issues with the inside seat bottom when I put it together & in the truck. The worn upholstery seems to switch OK . I work slo, so it may be a couple of days maybe weeks. I'm way to old to be doing this stuff but it gets me up every AM & that is good. I just finished replacing the hood struts. I got a pair of Stongarm struts for under $30.00 & they fit & work perfect.

Latest posts