Quantcast

Seat Foam

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Robert Gregory

V6 Engine
Reaction score
Let me know if you find one!! LOL
Will do. There is an ST 2003 in a junkyard near Richmond VA that I will look at but can't imagine that the foam is in better shape than the one in my truck. Have thought about buying a slab of foam and carving it to shape. Will let you know how that comes out if I go that route.

Phil Frady

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
When I replaced mine, I found someone who n eBay that was selling an 03 Explorer seat bottom. Then I found another person selling 02 Explorer seat cover. Both were FoMoCo. The color was the same but the design was slightly different. With a little manipulation I got it to work. I actually like the Explorer version better because it’s flat across feather than dished like a bucket seat.

Tylerxp2

Reaction score
Does anybody know of an online supplier's website for 2003 Sport Trac foam seat replacements?
I need a seat heater replacement and found there was s company sellings the seat foams and showing how to install on YouTube. Hope that helps and sorry I dont have a link. But just trying to give another Avenue for parts. Best of luck in your search.

Fred Stiteler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
If you find something please let me know. I am a big guy and the drivers foam on the outside is really broken down.

Robert Gregory

V6 Engine
Reaction score
If you find something please let me know. I am a big guy and the drivers foam on the outside is really broken down.
I have the part number from Ford for the front seat lower seat pad for a 2003 ST. 3L2Z78632A23AA
Ford no longer lists it in their active catalogue but I am trying some sites overseas. Thank for the tip on the 2002 Explorer seat.

curtis james

Reaction score
not sure for reason but if its compressed or broke down you can insert a steam rod and fix it, i worked at a interior shop and i would fix old seats that were broke down, fords usually have plastic clips sewed in to bottoms and are way easy other cars ya need hog rings and pliers still way easy but most interior car or home shops can do this quickly and reasonable, we charged 20 bucks a seat but few years back. if ya do yourself and are new to it do light squeezes or it will blow up to much and can not get covers back on and yes it will last many years.

mrpeabody56

1st Gen Owner
2nd Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I took mine to an automotive upholsterer - he used a very dense foam, even denser for seat side bolster, and charged me $100 to rebuild my seat. Feels like new, no more backaches from slouching to one side.

Todd Z

2nd Gen Owner
V6 Engine
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Nothing new from ford is available anymore. you must go junk yard or aftermarket interior shop.