Seat stains

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 07 ST with the camel colored interior. I have 5500 miles, but the seat is turning blue from my blue jeans. Is there a way to clean that off? My experience with cleaners always spots up the interior or changes the color.

I'm considering seat covers, but I like the feel of the seats, I think the neoprene covers will make them stiff, is that true?

Thanks,

I use ArmorAll leather cleaner and protector on my wifes leather in her Merc. Mount. Always seems to get the crap she seems to get on them off. (it's pretty much her office at work) May want to give something like that a try. It also worked cleaning my dad's white leather seats in his Caddy when he had it.;)

I thought the camel color only was for the leather seats? If I'm wrong, and they are cloth seats, I use "Tuff Stuff" fabris cleaner (from the automotive section). Removed coffee stains from my passenger seat. (wife again, she's hard on the interior of vehicles:D) ;)

My '07 only has 1800 miles and I have noticed this same problem. I am short and tend to slide off the seat that could be the cause as I only see the blue/gray color on the left edge of the seat.

I have an 03 and cloth seats, the first thing I did was put seat covers on because my old Bronco had light seats and sliding in and out left blue streaks from my jeans.

Tuff Stuff on cloth seats works well. It couldn't hurt you might have to do it a couple of times .

Then buy a yourself some covers. Any auto store should have a selection for about $25.00 per seat .Check my library the interior shot shows the seat cover I got at Pep Boys for between $25.00 to 30.00 per seat. Looks and feels like leather and so far they have held up nicely. Even found a steering wheel cover to match.

Pete

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It is cloth interior, and it's the light tan color; I assumed it was the camel color.

I'm not especially short(5,9"). I use my truck for work and pleasure, therefore I am in and out of it all day.

I wear jeans to work most of the time and I have bought a lot of new jeans lately, but they are always prewashed jeans from GAP or someplace like that. Besides, I always wash my jeans before I wear them.