Seat switches

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVanover

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Tried to take a snooze while wife was in the doctors office. The seat back returned 1/2 way to upright when it stopped. I removed the seat switch assy disassembled it and got the discrepant switch to work after a few tries. But, I don't trust it and like to replace the whole assy. Does anyone know if Ford still uses and stocks the switch assy? Not much in the way of markings just the following: >PBT-GF30< and "Maid in Canada". 2008 STA

Just Googled "2008 sport trac seat switch". Came up with a bunch of hits, one on Amazon for about $15. Any look familiar?

Thanks. I didn't find one for $15, but I did find one on Amazon for $26. It fits a lot of Fords and Lincolns. I also found a lot of different part numbers for the same switch assy.

My drivers seat switch is slowly going, so I'll be interested in how this works out for you and if its an easy swap out.

It took a while to figure out how to get it out. The seat side and rear trim has to come out. You will also need to detach the wire bundle a few places as the connector release isn't accessible until the switch assy is out. The switch buttons have to come off first except for the lumbar switch. There are metal clips that are difficult to detach, a large flat screwdriver helped. I'll try to remember to get photos.

The FORD OEM switch assy is still available and it price isn’t hateful. I replaced mine a few months ago. It’s not to bad to replace it. Good luck

I replaced the switch in about 10 minutes. I didn't get one of the seat trim "mount hooks" to engage the support wire, but neither did the factory. It was off when I removed the trim. But, it's in place and attached firmly.

Latest posts