Seats... whats compatable

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queenbee5780

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to the Sport trac group. And new to having a sport trac. I just picked up a 2001 4x2. Needless to say, the poor girl has been a little abused and needs some love.
The seats are completely destroyed! Not just physically, but last owner Certainly was a smoker of many 'other' things!
Cleaning them is breaking them down even faster.
What i would like to do is completely change out the seats.
Does anyone know what Other models will fit in this sport trac.
Maybe a explorer sport?
Ranger?
What have others done.... anh and all help would be fantastic

They may or may not fit, but I am thinking of getting Navigator seats for mine from LKQ auto parts. Seats are cheap, and probably better quality. Lincoln vs Ford.

Good grief, Reggie:

Lincoln = Ford; Same company. So, yes, Navigator and Sport Trac (which is an Explorer, which is also Ford), ALL will work, if they were built on the same platform. Navigator and Explorer and Sport track were (Explorer platform). Ranger, no, that's a totally different platform.

May look for some leather seats myself for my 2005.
Is the back seat of the Explorers the same as the Trac? May go look around at a Salvage tomorrow.

I put leather seats from a junk yard explorer in my ST - direct bolt in and I was able to Wire in the electric front seats- very pleased with the result

That sounds terrific and glad to hear it was a direct install without messy drilling, especially with the electrics and other frustration. I too an going to check my recycle yard for a match with will go with my gray interior.

Just wish I would have remembered what year explorer - I just looked until I saw seats I liked in good condition that it was clear they would fit directly

Just wish I would have remembered what year explorer - I just looked until I saw seats I liked in good condition that it was clear they would fit directly
I think any seats from 2000 to 2005 Explorer, Navigator, Mercury Mountaineer, or the Mazda Navajo (I think) will fit as they are all on the same platform. My junk yard has a 2004 and 2003 Navigator that I am going to look at soon, maybe tomorrow. If you don't mind my asking, what did they cost you. According to their local website, they are cheap. $120 for either complete front or rear. So, both will be around $240

Found a 2004 Trac today at a salvage. Only wanted $50 for the rear seat, unfortunately it was cloth like mine, good shape though.
I did get the rear roof rail trim pieces that are expensive and hard to find, as well as the passenger seat lever and fuel door cover. All for $5.
May go back and see what else I may need.