seats wont retract

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
The passenger seat doesn't retracted when u pull on the handle and thats been happening since i bought my Trac a year ago. but that didn't bother me cause i never sat there. BUT now my driver seat is doing the same darn thing!!!! how do you get those suckers to spring forward again?!?! thanks!

I thought i remember someone's cable broke in the seat...and they had to replace it..

IF the latch is just stuck, try lifting the handle and then pushing or hitting the seat into the lock position and then try folding it...

Todd Z

I have the same problem on my driver's side seat. I'm not sure if the passenger seat is the same, but whenever I pull the handle, I have to pull or push the seat to the position that I want it and then release the handle.

woppy,

Are you talking about your rear seat not folding, or the front seat not sliding back and forth on it's seat track when you pull the bar up??

If it's the front seat that's locked and won't slide, then it's probably the cable has broken or become unhooked from the seat lock.

If you are talking about the back seat, I have no idea what you mean when you say "It used to spring back"??

...Rich

actually now that i reread what i wrote.. kinda doesnt clarify what i was tryng to say. the two front seats. when i pull up on the handle to recline the seat or adjust it forward i have to pull or push on the rear of the seat. it no longer has that 'spring back' quality and is a pain in the butt.