Several codes today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oknopa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
The truck runs great but sometimes it's idles thought..
Today I got some strange codes..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820-135357.png
    Screenshot_20220820-135357.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 3
Forscan and one elmeg Bluetooth scanner

What have you already done for fixes and did it work?

New spark plugs, spark plug wire, new PVC valve, 1 x O2 sensor, new rubber elbow, new thermostat head....reset the pcm with forscan software, and for 4 days the Trac runs like new....then the 0301 and 0171 came back. When I purchased the truck 4 months ago the guy say he replaced the intake gasket also....but I will check this...

Are you still getting the MAF sensor code? If so, that is where I would start. Clean it, reset, retry. You mention an "intake gasket" was replaced. There are a few gaskets in the intake system, which one did he replace? I would suggest taking the 'big tube thing' apart and inspecting it for cracks. Clean the throttle body while you are at it. Replace the gaskets along the way (they are cheap). If you still get the MAF sensor code after that then maybe try a new sensor (can always return it if it does not fix it).
My truck ran much better after I built a DIY smoke machine to locate vacuum leaks (post with instructions in the 'Projects' section). Was not at the point of throwing codes but it was leaking like mad all through the intake/throttle body. Cleaned it up and replaced the seals and it no longer sucks in unmetered air.

Are you still getting the MAF sensor code? If so, that is where I would start. Clean it, reset, retry. You mention an "intake gasket" was replaced. There are a few gaskets in the intake system, which one did he replace? I would suggest taking the 'big tube thing' apart and inspecting it for cracks. Clean the throttle body while you are at it. Replace the gaskets along the way (they are cheap). If you still get the MAF sensor code after that then maybe try a new sensor (can always return it if it does not fix it).
My truck ran much better after I built a DIY smoke machine to locate vacuum leaks (post with instructions in the 'Projects' section). Was not at the point of throwing codes but it was leaking like mad all through the intake/throttle body. Cleaned it up and replaced the seals and it no longer sucks in unmetered air.
thanks, attached the pics from the replacement the previous owner did...so, i just need to check if it's the intake again...

Attachments

• PXL_20220518_135521900.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220518_135521900.MP.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts