shift boot 1L2Z-7210-CB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli Sidwell

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for shift boot for column of a 04 Sport-Trac, can seem to find it, searched several sites.
A Ford site was able to provide the part number: 1L2Z-7210-CB
No way of knowing how to find it.
Several sites carry the whole shift assembly for the column, but I don’t need all that …

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Seems to be only sold with the ShiftLever+OverDriveButton+Cable assembly
FordMotorCraft# 7L5z-7210-aa
Got to remove assembly anyway to replace the rubber boot
& OverDriveButton+Cable is a notorious failure item also, just as well replace whole thing?
Click here for more info+links on SteeringColumn electrical items.
OEM-7L5Z-7210-AA-Automatic-Transmission-Gear-Shift-Lever-for-_57.jpg

In my area, national auto parts company LKQ has several Ford Explorers, Lincoln Navagators, and Mercury Mountaineers on their lot. You have to remove the part your self. Although I have never been to their lot yet, I am pretty confident that a part like the boot you are looking for would be similar for all those makes. Take some tools, remove the part you need and pay a decent price for it. That is what I plan to do if I ever need something like trim and boots. I plan on going out to the lot and replacing my worn seats someday.

In my area, national auto parts company LKQ has several Ford Explorers, Lincoln Navagators, and Mercury Mountaineers on their lot. You have to remove the part your self. Although I have never been to their lot yet, I am pretty confident that a part like the boot you are looking for would be similar for all those makes. Take some tools, remove the part you need and pay a decent price for it. That is what I plan to do if I ever need something like trim and boots. I plan on going out to the lot and replacing my worn seats someday.
I would add, google the company and see if they are in your area.

Consider a rubber Boot from the junkyard may get brittle+crumble sooner than a new Boot.
May want to give either an old\new boot a rub down with ATP#AT-205 before install.

Latest posts