shocked on the shock price

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Grant

Reaction score
Just called sears for a price check on monroe reflexes for the front of my 01. They quoted 69.99 each and free installation. Seems really high. Are they just building the labor into the price of the shock??

$280 + tax, installed...sounds like a good deal to me. My Rancho RSX's cost $218 delivered to my door, then I had to pay about $17 each to get installed.

P.S. Doh, I take that back...thanks RichardL..I did x3 not x4 (I got a buy three get one free when I paid for my shocks and that was stuck in my head I guess).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but that sounds about right. I paid around $200 at Sears to install four SensaTracs, they cost a little less than Reflexes.

They are adding the price of install in that price..shop around at parts stores, you can buy reflexes from $45 to $50, in the houston area, anyway....

Please do the math.....$69.99 each = $279+. That is not even close to $210

Also, I thought there was a sale on Monroe Sens-a-trac shocks where you get something like $90 back on a purchas of 4 shocks???

...Rich

I think that there are places to get a better deal on shocks. I paid a little less than $160 for 4 Rancho 5000s shipped to my door. I put them on myself yesterday.

After rolling around on the concrete floor most of the day I think that the set of shocks will be put on by someone other than myself. I had work that I could of been doing and could of made much more than the $100 or so dollars that I "saved". However, I have much more appreciation for our mechanics now after rolling around on the concrete floor for several hours.

Jackie

Doh, thanks RichardL, I fixed my post (I was x3 because I did a 3 get one free on mine and that was stuck in my head)....It's STILL not a bad price installed....maybe a little high for reflexes, but not OMG terrible.

Last edited by a moderator: