shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Harris

Reaction score
hey guys,

I am considering upgrading my shocks on my 01 ST..Right now i have the factory shocks which suck in my opinion. They are loud and encourage a bumpy, shaky ride.

Any suggestions or reccomendations as to which type or brand would be best? I am not looking to spend a fortune on these shocks. I just want above average shocks at a decent price.

Thanks

P.S - Hard to install?

Well chris i am also about to do my shocks and i found some nice ones that i saw a few others on here put on theres they was 119 on 4wheelparts.com

thanks guys,

hey chris, did the shocks you found get good reviews?

do you have the item number, link or just know the products name?

thanks

haha actually, its Chris'

pernounced "chrises"

i learned that in about the th grade when i kept writing it the way you are haha.

its all good, unless your names chris you dont know how the hell to write it.

:)

Whatever shock you choose will be an improvement over stock. You'll wonder why you waited soooooo long. My experience is; I've run Monroe Reflex all 'round and had one of the rear's fail in less than a year; so I then put on KYB Monomax on the rear, keep the Reflex on the front. I do not recommend the KYB Monomax on the rear if you have Roadmaster Active Suspension on the leaf springs. At the present time we are running Tokico TrekMaster R/T's all 'round, nice stable ride. We also have the EE anti-sway bar on the rear, and the 4x4 front stabilizer bar on our 4x2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bilsteins. Ebay seller techdeals1 sells them in sets of 4, I had a good experience with them.

4x4

http://cgi.ebay.com/BILSTEIN-SHOCKS-FORD-EXPLORER-4WD-4X4-95-01_W0QQitemZ200080466397QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33590QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4x2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILSTEIN-SHOCKS-FORD-EXPLORER-2WD-95-01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ010QQitemZ200080146171QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have an 02 4x4 w/ 72K, purchased 12/06, still had orginal shocks. Put Monroe Reflexs on all the way around after I had to do the panic stop/swerve to miss a dog in the road, (yes, had to clean the seat covers) as I thought the truck was gonna flip on me. I knew the shocks were #1 on the list of things to do, but didn't do it soon it enough. No damage or accident, but it sure rides and handles much better. No they are not hard at all to install, just takes some time.. Check the projects section out for some good tips and how to as well. mine cost me $200 just for the shocks but well worth it as it rides much better and have better control over the truck as well.

You can install the shocks in your driveway with out having to lift the trac. It should take you about 2 hours depending upon how many beers you have . . . . Check in the projects section. There should be some good info there.