shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have an 04 adrenalin with 20 inch rims and have noticed that my ride quality is getting worse. i think it is just time for new shocks. does anyone have any nice shocks to recommend? i am considering bilstein. thanks

From what I've read here Bilstein's would be an excellent choice. But, then replacing the OEM shocks with anything else would be a good thing. Most people here are happy with Monroe Reflex or the similar but slightly stiffer Rancho RSX. If you have lowered your ST I have read that the choice is either Monroe Sense-A-Trac or Rancho RS5000.

Agree with Rodger. Search these boards for shocks and you might run into another member with 20`s. But I have monroe reflex`s and extremely pleased. My rims are stock and stock ride height......

dude i have rs5000s and they suck!

dang they are terrible

i bought them to replace oem until i put my lift on and it wasnt even worth the money even thought theyre only like $50

i had pro comps on my ranger and then changed those to bilstein and loved them

best shocks for the money IMO

i wanna get the dual front shock setup and run bilsteins then swap the back too n maybe change the leaf pack while im at it

I read several posts here in the last few days and hold on to your hats... I have 120K miles still on the ORIGINAL shocks. I just ordered 4 Rancho RSX's from Sam at Samsoffroad.com. less than $200 shipped for all four.

I have rancho rs5000's and I'm happy with them. Great price and much improved handling. Changed out the shocks and swapped the stock sway bar for the one from EE. The only complaint I had about these shocks is it rides a little "firm" (from the girlfriend, not me).

Here's a pic of them mounted....and yeah, I'm also running 20's.

[Broken External Image]:

Haha Shaun :p

Hey, I'm working on uploading my pics on facebook. I'll let you know when it's all set up. Got some cool pics from BC. Should be entertaining....

I just got some napa air shocks, they are very nice. The best thing about them is that they left up the back end and increase the weight amount in the bed. they were about 70 bucks for everything.

I got Monroe Sensa Tracs for my old '05 at Sears, installed, for about $200.

Big improvement.

Just an FYI, I am mechanically inclined and originally ordered Pro Comp ES9000's from an off-road mail order place. However they arrived missing a number of small parts and after much hammering and torching and cussing trying to make OE parts fit them I decided I had better things to do with my time, drove to Sears on three shocks, and got the Sensa Tracs.

I recently got Monroe and replaced the stock shocks that came with my 02 ST. Garbage in my opinion. I lost the ride I loved about my ST. I've already ordered the Ford replacements, not to mention with giving my VIN #, I found out that mine had a HD kit on the back.

Latest posts