Short and Sweet. BMW 1M

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he went off the edge, he would get hurt, sure. Possible even killed. But the fall would only be about 20-30 feet to the next level. No way the pad edge itself was close enough to make over the edge of the building.

BTW. I saw that building being built. It is in the Bunker Hill area of L.A. near downtown. Used to work in a building near by.

What's the point? That sure did not demonstrate BMW performance. It only showed that the driver was very skillful and probably a little stupid. A professional drift driver could do that ith nearly any vehicle.

...Rich

These are the kind of entertaining commercials that need to be shown more on TV. I miss the Lexus commercial with the crane suspending all the "Lexi" above the yellow model. It's also nice to see a RWD car in action; unlike most Americans I do not love FWD. :banghead:

A car commercial where the car actually does something is a rarity. Most car commercials I can think of off the top of my head right now do not actually have the car doing anything remarkable, like the commercial with the daughter growing up to drive her father's subaru, or the hybrid car commercials with the cartoon trees.

The next question is: Is this real?

I'm like KL. I love commercials like this. Real or not, it's a car performing. And a real car at that. Powerful, rear wheel drive, just plain fun to drive.

unlike most Americans I do not love FWD.

I am unlike most Americans, too.

A car commercial where the car actually does something is a rarity.

The Mustang commercial from a while back when it just began with the sound of a starting engine and then slowly backed out to show rear tires spinning...that stuck with me.

Cadillac has had some good ones with their CTS-V.

But I think most Americans are more interested in feel good commercials that give a sense of a strong family bond around the vehicle (even though their family is in shambles) or a car that will be the envy of their neighbors (even though they and their neighbors are up to their eyeballs in debt) or has the latest interior gadgets (even though they will never figure out how to use them) or my favorite, saves the environment (figure out the irony on your own).

Performance doesn't seem to appeal to Americans anymore, or so the marketing "experts" think.

I liked the older Mustang commercial when they drove throught the deserted streets of the city at night like they stole it..:grin:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Hugh, I fully agree with your post.

Wow, I'd forgotten about some of these commercials. I unfortunately saw the incredibly cheesy commercial for the new Honda Civic hatchback which stress that the car has 201 HP and feature an Asian girl dressed like some sort of "ninja" driving the car, while an awful (IMO) song with lyrics saying "I'm a ninja" play in the background. I guess I'm not the target audience for that ad, but I have trouble believing that there is one.

There's a new Jeep commercial that talks about how the Jeep's posh leather interior is better than Lexus', but shows that the Jeep also has a terrain selector so that you can go driving in sand, and shows the car doing some underwhelming driving on a beach. Somehow I don't want my offroad vehicle to be luxurious.

While it was less impressive, the oldish Mercury Milan commercials with the Milan sliding/"drifting" into the frame sideways was cool. I know it wasn't a performance car, but I thought it was cool that they showed off what the car could do, even though I'd think that no one who bought a Milan would be the type of person who would try stunt driving in it.

Latest posts