short trip in the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today i drove to Ikea in Houston from Lake Charles, LA and back. That's normally a 2-2.5 hour trip one way. But today there was a traffic delay of 1.5 hours for bridge work on the way there. We went straight there and back, with the same delay coming home.

Most of the trip i was driving 80-90mph and avg. 17.5 mpg.

My wife worked on her laptop the whole way and was completely comfortable.

I cant believe how comfortable i was. I was not even tired when i got home. My 07 has almost 8k miles on it now, and drives so nice.

I have no point other than to rave about how surprisingly nice the ride is.

Ford really should advertise more about the ST.

I agree. The '07 ride and handling on the road is SOOOOOO much better than the first generation. Ford engineers did a good job on this part!

Of course, putting the Michelin SUV Cross Terrains on the new Tracs was a much better choice than the CrapYears. My wife's old Liberty improved about 200% after I replaced the Jeep's CrapYears with Cross Terrains. Whomever at Ford who picked the GoodYears for the first Trac should be whipped like a red-headed stepchild, along with the entire shock absorber selection committee. :eek:

I find the ride in my 04 to be quite enjoyable. The ride in the driver's seat seems much different than the passenger seat, although I have only riden as passenger a couple times. You seem to notice the "pitch and roll" much more on the passenger side.