Should I or not? 2011 Fusion, ESP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Hey folks just looking for a honest opinion here. Bought a 2011 Ford Fusion SE back in March of this year. Car had almost 20,000 miles on it and I got it for $13,000. Car came with a 12 month or 12,000 warranty on it. Just received in the mail that it will be ending soon. They offer 0% interest if you qualify. I haven't called the number to ask what the prices are but, you think it would be good to pay for an extended service plan? I currently have 31,000 miles on the car. Haven't had to do anything other than oil changes. I don't know the history of the Fusions and if they have any problems or recalls.

Thanks for any opinions.

If you do plan on getting a warranty, do an online search. MUCH CHEAPER than your dealer will sell it. I am talking a FORD WARRANTY online search.

Tom

If you get the extended warranty through the dealership I would be very cautious. A friend of mine got one for his Dodge Dart. He was stationed in SC and then was transferred to NY. He tried to get it serviced at a dealership in NY and found out that it could only be serviced by a specific chain of dealers, which happen to only be in the Carolina's.

That's why one should ONLY get a warranty from the auto manufacturer and not a 3rd party company.

Tom

Ditto on Caymen....Ford warranty only.

In '88 my dealer sold me a $270 warranty on my t-bird. It was for their dealship only.

I did get my $$$ worth. The climate air computer went out($385). Also after many mod's to the 302. I ripped the liquid filled motor mounts, which in turn ripped the trans mount($200). Since it was a fox chasis. Went back with 'stang mounts.

Latest posts