should i?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/INNOVATEK-650TS-6-5-DOUBLE-DIN-TOUCH-SCREEN-CAR-DVD-TV_W0QQitemZ190043204273QQihZ009QQcategoryZ94838QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

will it fit perfectly into my dash? i measured my dash liek where it would go and i got 7.3" across and 3.9" tall. is that the right size tv? or should i buy one thats 7" across?

Last edited by a moderator:
INNOVATEK???? Never heard of them.... for $399.99 I think I would go with a real name brand like Kenwood or Pioneer. You can pick up a Kenwood DDX 7017 for about $540 + shipping and you can find a Pioneer AVIC D2 for about $690 + shipping. The D2 problem is that it has no DVD playback without the addition of a stand alond DVD player.... but it has Navigation. The Kenwood unit has DVD playback but you will spend more for the Navagation unit later if you want it. IMO I would cough up another $150 to $250 and get the ones mentioned before going out on a $400 limb with the INNOVATEK...... google search on this name just found it to be a Hong Kong retailer. The below is from their web site. Another Red Flag is that the offering (650TS) on E-Bay is not listed as a product on their web site.

"Innovatek Ltd has its headquarters in Hong Kong and bases its success on a few simple principles that make it a must-have partner for any retailer in the mobile video business:"

Both of the above do fit into the ST with little modification to the radio bezel. There are members who have them installed. For the small amount of money for the savings you may find short term for the e-bay offering I would myself feel more confident in investing the small amount of additional money into a reputable name brand.

C

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks. yea i had never heard of them either but i just wanted to see. all i want is a double din tv with dvd player and remote control cause i have remote now and cant live without it. im not looking to spend more than $450 if i dont have to. if anyone knows of any good tv thats fits my specifications lol let me know. thanks

Jorge, I bought a set of headrest monitors that are innovatek, great picture and high resolution. I have had zero problems with them. No experience with head units though.

For that price, and I would give it a shot. A guy at work has a couple of their monitors that he got off ebay. Like Jim D 01 said, they have a great picture and he has not had any problems out of them.

Latest posts