silent armors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with them. Be careful and keep a close eye on them. I just replaced a set because one of them blew out a sidewall. They only had about 35K on them, and were worn prematurely. I got a 52% credit because they wore out too fast. I replaced them with Michelin LTX M/S tires. More info in the post linked below.

I have them and love them. i think he meets the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Not the Fortera SilentArmor.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard nothing but good things about the Wrangler Silent Armors. So far, the Fortera Silent Armors that came on my ST have been fine.

I have about 30K miles on mine. They've been fine for routine driving around SoCal. Quieter and grippier than the original RTS's these SA's replaced. I have to constantly maintain psi and rotation for fear of feathering on the front tires. Tread wear seems good but, despite maintenance, feathering on the outer tracks is noticeable upon close inspection. This may or may not have something to do with the nature of gen1 Trac front suspension, as the RTS's suffered from this as well.

Wet traction is okay but not a significant improvement over the RTS's, which is disappointing since this was reason #1 I chose these tires. But I probably shouldn't be driving over 60mph on the highway during HEAVY rain, and I shouldn't expect to be on rails under such conditions even with these tires.

I actually like these tires a lot. They serve me well and they are amongst the best looking ones out there if you cared to notice. It's just for the price I really expected supreme wet traction. I don't recall how much they were at the time, but they were pricey. I won't be buying them again unless the price went down considerably, then maybe. As it is, I have my eyes on Toyo Proxes down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with Goodyear products has been less than stellar.

I won't buy them anymore.

Just my opinion...not bashing your purchase. ;)