Silver Star Ultras

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
Put a pair of silver star ultras on the wife's expedition a few weeks ago, drove the vehicle last night for the first time after dark, man they are nice and bright and the light shines at a wider angle.:smile0006:

Might have to get me a pair!:smile0015:

I have silver star ultraII's headlight and fog..They are nice and bright...Love them...on my 2nd pair:banana:

I have ultras for headlights and silverstar for fogs. One fog blew right after the 12month warranty. Bought a replacment. They are great lights.

When I drive out at night in the country they are great. City also.

I put regular SS bulbs in my '04 headlights and fogs about five years ago. Never had a problem with them. They're great! When the Ultras came out, I moved the regular SS 9007's to my E450 motorhome and put the 9007 Ultra's in the Trac. Love 'em!

:smile0006:

I've started taking the ones in my Trac for granted, and then I had to drive a car with the cheap 3 dollar bulbs, and the difference was amazing. While I say that my trac still doesn't have enough light projected far enough even with the Ultras, driving with normal lights is like duct taping a dollar store flashlight to your hood and using it instead of headlights in comparison.

I vote get one, and conveniently they go on sale at PepBoys often enough, though compared to the suckers that came in the ST, 50 bux was worth it.

The best "bang for the buck" safety upgrade, second only to aftermarket shocks and the rear sway bar, at a fraction of the cost.

Around $30 from Amazon shipped, including a $10 mail in rebate. The improved brightness alone is worth the money.

The real benefit is the wider projection angle. (Sylvania claims up to 35%) Can't comment on longevity, only had them 8 months.

Would buy them all over again, if they burned out today. Excellent.

P.S.- Have heard occasional complaints from blinded drivers believing they were HID's.

Never had a problem being lowered 3". Handles better making evasive manuevers. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked Sylvania's site again, and I still see no H13 Silverstar Ultra product.

There is of course the Silverstars (standard) and XtraVision.

I settled on the Silverstars a year and a half ago, hoping that the Ultras would eventually be available, but I still can't find anything.

:smile0009:

Bud- "Book 'Em Danno". Heard something about an upcoming feature movie.

Was named the most violent TV series at the time. (1968-80)

OMG, who's gonna play McGarrett? :smile0007:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts