siphoning gas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim parnell

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a screen or anything that blocks someone from siphoning the gas from an 02, need to siphon off a full tank before selling the ST?? Have tried a couple of times to get a hose down the filler neck but unsuccessful so far, any tricks to this???

I had gas stolen from my 03 ST, however, the dealer mention its close to impossible to siphon unless the person is a pro at it.

My catalogs don't list a locking gas cap for the Trac, but the regular cap is the same as the 2000/2003 Sport, so I am thinking about trying the locker listed for the Sport. Not sure if it will work, but if it does, I will let ya know.

There is a baffel in the neck.

Sometimes a small stiff hose will work it's way around it, but not always.

have tried a small stiff hose (ice maker tubing or bit larger) but no luck, its just with the price of gas, hate to let that much go when I sell

I was able to siphon gas out of my 2001 Sport Trac to fill my lawn mower once, but other say there is a tapered coil spring in the filler neck that makes it nearly impossible to get a hose down to siphon gas?

I'm wondering if Ford forgot to put the coil spring/baffle in all the gas filler necks? It seems like some people can siphon gas and some can't?

...Rich

The caps are available from ford..

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1096383&sitename=mysporttrac

I just drill a small hole in the tank and stick a hose through to siphon from the cars in the lot at work:)

NOT!

paid 3.49 a gallon here in jax today.... 70.00 fill up.

There was a news story the other day of someone getting their gas tanks drilled out and siphoned. The one they highlighted was an over sized van with a very large gas tank. Needless to say the people were not happy campers. I actually read a story in the local new paper of somebody getting their home heating oil taken, too.

Latest posts