Sirus Headache

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when the lady from another country calls you and explains that you are deliquent on your Sirus and that you have an outstanding balance of $248 which includes travel and radio - I asked here where she was and she said the Midwest area - i said Omaha, she said very close, I asked if it was raining she said "oh yes..." we havent had rain for weeks and weeks - I don't use Sirus, I use Pandora and go commercial free for $3.99 per month through iTunes... When I said no-way and got her non english speaking boss on the phone, cut the pkg by 50% and when I said no, told me that when it was disabled I would not be able to listen to anything. I explained i owned the hard drive and the music, the blue tooth & Pandora. She continued to argue with me and said that I was going to loose standard radio and the other feautures. I said, "really?" She insisted for a fee that she could restore me - Ford ought to be ashamed of these crap tactics to abuse ford owners for money. My mom would have fallen to the pressure along with many others. Shame on Ford for allowing someone to abuse the Sync owners - I asked her my balance and I owe $2.41 for the two days on the auto-renewal -

-Just my two cents

Last edited by a moderator:
When we got Rose's 500 in 2007 Ford only offered 3months with sirius... We had XM in her Expi and swapped it over. At the end of 3 months we could pay the monthly fee or buy a lifetime subscription. We bought the life time for 300$ and in 24 months it payed for itself. 5 years of free sirius so far. Plus we get three free transfers during the lifetime. Beeen lucky,, no sales hassles...

I have 3 vehicles with Sirius and my STA also has traffic and weather. I just looked, I paid $90.48 for all 3 for 6 months. Less than $5/month for the music each. I just keep track of the due date, call them and always get this price or less. I just tell them to shut them all off and I get transferred to retention services. Takes a little back-and-forth, but they always come down to a really cheap price. I don't even bother with the sales pitch. Only downfall is they usually won't do it for more than 6 months, so I just have to renew more often.

The catch is that they get you on a self-renewing deal, so you always have to call before your renew date, otherwise it renews for a year at full price.

What I think is crappy- I have two vehicles one with Sirius and the other XM. Two separate deals from the same company. No quantity discounts for anything. I would love an online subscription (used to be free with a car), or one for my phone, but every little thing is more money.

I CANNOT WAIT until the future when every car and every device has worldwide Wi-Fi or sattelite and we have complete freedom to select providers for all this crap like phones, internet, satellite radio, cable TV, etc. I pay over $200 a month to have communications/entertainment - all costs that we never had when I was a kid. I have nothing fancy.

My renewals are always a one time charge so they don't have a credit card on file. They can renew my service, but they can't charge me for it, so it gets shut off real fast and then I can renew if I forget. A trick that I use for all the auto-renew stuff is a prepaid card that has $5 or less on it. Keeps a card on file if required, but the charge won't go.

Gavin, I completely agree with you about all the communication costs. However, I think the prices will continue to rise because the big boys just buy out the competition to keep the fees up. Like my Dish sat service. They drop AMC but continue to charge full price. The sat providers have the freedom to change whatever they want without consequence, yet they want a two year agreement. And all the people with unlimited data on phones will loose that whenever they trade phones, unless they opt to buy the phone outright. It all sucks.

I CANNOT WAIT until the future when every car and every device has worldwide Wi-Fi or sattelite and we have complete freedom to select providers for all this crap like phones, internet, satellite radio, cable TV, etc. I pay over $200 a month to have communications/entertainment - all costs that we never had when I was a kid. I have nothing fancy.

Aren't you using technology today that you didn't have back then? I mean, you are posting online. Going back to "the olden days" with just a landline and OTA TV would cost far less than 200 bucks a month...

My Sirius subscription expired a little while ago. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure that I would pay their asking price of almost 20 bucks a month, and going through the hoops described herein to get it for much less per month is too much hassle for me. It's biggest advantage, IMO, was that it was easily controlled while driving. Something that cellular streaming isn't really. How do I switch from Pandora streaming to streaming talk, without touching the phone?

They are a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I got my Sirius radio for $3.00/m. I recently terminated it and I am much happier with Pandora.

Latest posts