Sliding power rear window and sunroof

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having owned both Gen 1 and Gen 2 STs, I have often wondered why they moved the gas fill pipe to the passenger side. Much less convenient.

And speaking of filler caps, I was ignorant of the very small arrow on the instrument cluster gas gauge on many (all?) cars that points to the side of the car with the filler cap. For years I would get out of a rental car at a gas station wondering if I had guessed right. Then a kind friend gave me my "Doh!" moment and pointed it out (pun intended).

All mine had that combo... All were custom orders.

My 2010 Limited I just purchased has the rear sliding window and the sunroof that either slides back or tilts up.

Larry: I actually like having the fuel filler on the passenger side. My 89 Thunderbird has it on the passenger side too. This way I don't forget.

Been a Sport Trac owner since 2005. My 2010 Limited has those features too. It took some time to get use to the filler cap on the passenger side as my 2005 XLT had it on the drivers side like the 2016 Lincoln MKX my wife drives (but never fuels). I did have my sunroof tinted as the Sun was overwhelming but now it’s nice to slide the cover back and let some light in. Love the ride, really love the V8 and towing capacity of the Gen 2s. Happily, none of the issues I read about though the plastic housing for my headlight controls deteriorated and broke last year. Luckily I found a Ford Dealer in Florida that had one listed so that’s fixed. Otherwise, just regular maintenance and garage kept. Just passed 65K miles on it.