Slipping ??????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Kirby

Reaction score

I have an '01 ST 4x4 with 103k miles. I have recently noticed that (especially when cold) the engine "races" slightly as it changes gears. Any ideas as to what may be causing this ? I have seen a few posts regarding changing solenoids in the tranny.....at this mileage could this be it...? I don't drive the truck hard at all and most mileage is highway.

Any help appreciated.

Limey

First question, IS when did you , if ever service the tranny...

Your experiencing "flair".. Can be caused by a bunch of things at your mileage.

Todd Z

Todd

Only thing I have had done is the tranny fluid change. Last one was at about 90k. What kinda things can I expect to start going wrong ????

Limey

Brett,

The first thing you can do is disconnect your neg battery cable for about 1/2 hour and step on the brake pedal a couple of times with it disconnected.

This will reset the computer.

If not, Then you can look into replacing the valve solenoids and EPC regulator.

OR just up the EPC pressure and see, BUT if you have seals internally that are bad, nothing will help..

Todd Z

did you just drop the pan and chang fluid if so you need to get a trany flush this pushes out all the old fluid and pushes in the new. the trany holds a whole lot more fluid than the pan.

Latest posts