Slow day, Hanging in the chat.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Be here until I find something to do.. :lol:

Hey Todd,

Have you played with any of the optional parameters on your Xcal2? ie. shift pressure, WOT, spark adjustments?

if so, what did you do? I played with mine a bit last night and I noticed a bit of a difference.. I'm just wondering what would be recommended to get the most power.

Can u help?

Adam, I have adjusted everything, You can not just "play" with the adjustments with out know how the truck is actually running, Just because it "feels" better is not allways the safest bet. If you increase the timing, you need to increase the fuel or you can lean it out..

The best thing to do is get an air fuel recording done and take it from there.

But i have adjusted the settings and continue to do so as I make changes and upgrade things..

Todd Z

Hey Todd, I didn't change too much.. i changed the trans pressure, WOT air/fuel a little and advanced the timing a little.. I am running 94 octane gas with the 93 tune. Think its safe to leave it or should I put it back to default?

If you don't hear any pinging leave it, But if your going to mess with it , the best thing is to get it data logged on a dyno, and have a new tune sent to you. Takes the guessing out of it..

Todd Z

Latest posts