Small Microswitch Under Dash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handy Ryberg

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Sport Trac Limited quite loaded with options. There is a what originally looked like a 5mm headphone jack but after looking closer, it looks more like a microswitch, single pole, single throw toggle switch with the handle broken off. It is mounted on the large panel that centers on the steering column and right where you would swing your legs in. It has 2 small wires that go up under the dash, up above the fuse block to where the keyless entry security module is. The wires are in a harness and looks like original wiring. Does anyone know what this is for? Any help would be appreciated as I am new to the Sport Trac scene.

Aftermarket remote start. I had a Viper remote start system on mine, and that's where they mounted it, and it had the small microswitch too. I also had a 2003...

THE oem remote start also has a black push button.. OPEN the drivers door, Pull up the black weather stripping and pop open the side panel on the dash. that's where the unit would be. If its just wires, then nothing but if there is a box in there then boom, alarm or remote start.

Thank you. There is a box and what's left of the switch looks like it could have been a small pushbutton also. I'll read up on the remote start and what the button was supposed to do. Press for bypass module to allow key start maybe? I may be able to salvage the remote start capability with the right remote.

Your explanation makes sense. Thanks again.

Latest posts