Snow Plowing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stark

Reaction score
Any of you guys do any snow plowing with your ST?? My brother and I own a lawn business and would like to expand to snow plowing this winter on a limited basis (10 clients max) until we get 2 larger trucks to handle this. Would the ST hold up meaning have the ability to?? I see there are a few plows avail but not much info out there drivetrain wise. Thanks for your help.

There is a member called Kevin in Chicago (something like that) and he has a snowplow on a trac. He was up to 100,000 some miles when someone ran into his truck and wrecked it. Search in the archived posts for him, or the words snow plow and see what comes up.

Not exactly the same, but I am using my Trac to go pick up a blade for plowing snow tomorrow that I bought on Ebay. The blade won't fit my Trac, but it will fit my John Deere garden tractor!

I live in Grand Rapids Michigan by the Gerald Ford International airport and they have at least 2 sport tracs with front plow blades and salt spreaders on the back. They look good too!

Ford does not recommend plowing with SLA-suspended vehicles (96+ Explorers, 98+ Rangers). The front end isn't all that strong. A small plow for your own driveway would be okay but for commercial plowing you should consider nothing less than a 3/4 ton pickup. And note that most plow trucks are bent in the middle.

Not advisable with a ST, and Ford will void your warranty if you do. You should buy a full-sized truck if you really want to attach a snowplow.