So can you lift a Gen 2 V6?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan M 3

Reaction score
I have an 09 ST XLT 4X4 and although I like the ride, I do wish it looked meaner on the road. I was wondering how of if any Gen 2 guys did anything to raise the drive height on these? I don't want to mess with new tires, as I like what is on it, the 17in Goodyears... but with the IRS, can you actually lift these things at all?

Nope. Their are "half shafts" that actually go through the frame and thus limit the amout of lowering/lifting that can be done. The amount is not worth the cost of either imo.

YES YOU CAN !!!!!

http://www.roadbully-offroad.com/

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
No price mentioned?

If the axel runs through the frame how does this work? Is there just enough play to make it happen?

The oem suspension and design allows some movement...... The Shocks will stop ( not the best) the axles from hitting the frame when the suspension is unloaded...

I would not us It for heavy off road, but it will work fine..

Same theory as those that lowered the gen2 1-2 inches.....

You can go up I think he sells 2 inch max ( leveling the rake)

Todd Z

Know someone who had a set of 2.5" from there on his '07. When I asked how the driveshafts were, he said they were in the exact position as stock and ride wasn't compromised. Made the ST sit a little higher, not a whole lot, but enough to get a bigger set of tires under there. Looked pretty nice to me.;)

edit: He got his for $289.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts