SOLD--Ford/Yakima Sport Trac bed bike rack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill V

Reaction score
I am selling the Bike Rack for my Sport Trac. This is the genuine Ford rack made by Yakima specifically to mount inside the front of the bed. I have the brackets (which mount under the "bottle opener" tie down points) and both of the keys. I used it quite a bit, but it is still in great shape. I no longer have the instructions, but installation is simple, I can easily talk you through it, and there are two photos of them installed in my ST in my library.

I am selling because my family has grown to five members, and any biking trips therefore need to be able to handle five bikes, which is well beyond the capabilities of this rack. (The rack comes with mounts for two bikes. Additional mounts can be purchased at nearly any bike store selling Yakima racks/accessories, but I don't think the bed width makes any more than three bikes practical.)

I've done some checking online, and the lowest price I can find for this rack (including shipping cost) is $104. I'll sell mine for $20, plus whatever shipping costs are involved.

The photo below isn't mine, I believe it's Ford's, but it shows how the bikes mount in the bed with this rack, and it shows just a little of the rack itself.

One nice feature--when mounted in the bed, the rack is positioned perfectly to slip the front bike wheels in the front of the bed between the rack and the bed wall, right below the rear window. The bike's front axle slides into the groves on the front of the bed molding.

One last note--I know this rack is compatible with the "old" style Sport Trac (through 2005, or whenever it was that the major design change occurred). I have no idea if it's compatible with the newer models.

Contact me via the email addy in my member info. Shipping costs are from Minnesota (north Twin Cities 'burbs), or free if you can get to me and pick it up. Let me know if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!

Bill

f0f5937437e00858160041fd57878815.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts