Sold The Sport Trac, Replaced It With This

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
After nine years of fun, faithful service, I sold my 2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin last month. I had a lot of fun with that truck, including People's Choice and Best Gen 1 Sport Trac at the 2008 National Sport Trac Meet in Louisville.

[Broken External Image]:

I thought long & hard about a replacement vehicle. I didn't want an F150, because they're just too big for my needs, and also cost a little more than I wanted to spend. Since I'm pretty loyal to Ford products, that left either a Gen 2 Trac, Explorer, or Edge as possibilities. As I started my search, I pretty quickly ruled out the Explorer, and Gen 2 Sport Tracs with under 40,000 (one of my main criteria) miles are pretty hard to find. My search finally came down to a 2007, 1-owner loaded Sport Trac Limited with 18,000 miles and a 2011 Edge Limited with 32,000 miles, which was also was a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.

Since Dingo (Andy Calhoun) has owned a Gen 2 Trac and now owns an Edge, I gave him a call to get his input on the two vehicles. After talking with him, I decided on the Edge for a number of reasons: It's four years newer than the Trac, has tons more interior room, the Visa roof, it rides great, gets better MPG (25-28 highway), has the My Ford Touch/Sync system, and it was a great price; along with being sold as a Ford CPO vehicle, which extends the bumper-to-bumper warranty for another 12/12. Also, I don't really need a truck bed that much anymore. There's not much that I can't haul with the Edge that I'd need a Sport Trac bed to haul. And if I do, I'll just borrow my Dad's truck.:grin:

I'm loving it so far. The MFT/Sony stereo system rocks, it rides great, looks great, and is a fun vehicle to drive. The 3.5L V6 has some pretty good power, and I've already got a mod list planned which includes a tuner from Torrie and a better exhaust system to give her a little more growl.:driving:

In my research on the Edge, I even found a forum with tons of info where I've seen a few folks from here that now own an Edge.

I still plan to check in here from time to time. This has been and still is a great site, with great people and tons of resources for the Sport Trac. I referred the person who bought mine to this site, and do so for anyone that owns a Trac.

Here are a few pictures of my "new" (to me) 2011 Ford Edge Limited:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
We love our '09 CPO Edge and haven't had a single issue with it. I guess I could complain about the weak brakes but that just means replacing them more often and they're not so expensive that it's a problem. Another positive is that it's holding value really well. We also get 25mpg at 80mph and 30mpg at 65mph.

Latest posts