Someone sideswiped my white '04 Trac, paint stains

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I've tried washing with a nylon brush, no results, their blue and white paint won't come off my rear driver's side quarter panel (and left rear tire). Any suggestions as to how I can safely get this paint off? I think he'd disguised his vehicle, it appeared to be spray painted. Thanks.

Attachments

• AccidentPixMo15Nov21 (10).JPG
    AccidentPixMo15Nov21 (10).JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 64
  • AccidentPixMo15Nov21 (14).JPG
    AccidentPixMo15Nov21 (14).JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 59
  • AccidentPixMo15Nov21 (4).JPG
    AccidentPixMo15Nov21 (4).JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 56
i would take mineral spirit and lightly whipe, then wash it and hit it with a rubbing compound, do it lightly then clean and feel for deep scratches if not bad then if ya got a buffer hit it again with light rubbing compound and then hit it with polishing compound till ya hardly feel the scratches then wax it. if no buffer then just keep rubbing a cutter or rubbing compound it will take a few times but it is easy if ya take your time, a good detailer can do it or a friend who knows how. the tire a strong degreaser and pressure washer.

I used a Magic Eraser to remove house paint when I swiped the side of the garage while pulling in. The swipe was hard enough to leave a crease, but the white paint came off using the Magic Eraser and did not leave a trace or any visible scratches. This was white paint on a black car.
Just keep the sponge wet while using it, it's worth a cheap try.

I ended up heating paint w/hair dryer; spraying w/WD-40 and letting soak; rubbing horizontally w/Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; washing; waxing. Worked. Still need to work on the tire, might try some tire bug and tar remover. Plastic rock guard needs a little more work too. Thanks to all who offered advice.

Clear coat safe Scratch remover, then polish and wax.

Latest posts